The Princeton Review India Manya Group is a waste
On 21/02/2008 I registered for the GMAT course offered by The Princeton Review in conjunction with the Manya Group in Hyderabad.
The previous day when I met Mr.Prasad, the front office man at Greenlands branch,Hyderabad, I made it very clear that I was in India for a holiday and would be taking up residence abroad . He told me that
a) I could avail of ongoing coaching anywhere in the world for a further year should I not be satisfied with my score; provided I wrote the GMAT within two weeks of the course ending.
b) Should the course not be completed for any reason on their part , I could transfer to another center (abroad) without extra cost.
c) When I pointed out there was no center in Sweden of TPR he said I could do it online.
To me this sounded like a very concerned and involved coaching group.
When I started the course I was given a schedule of course work. The second weekend when I reached the center with my assignment ready I was informed that since the rest of the class had not done it no discussion would take place. I also found that the Math classes started half an hour late. I was told to meet a Mr. Vinod Kumar concerning this matter. His attitude was to attack me and tell me that the schedule handed out was wrong and I was supposed to do something else! And if there were any doubts to be cleared concerning the course work he could do it or another faculty member could do it by previous appointment. At which point my parent had to tick him off and tell him to put his house in order instead of trying to intimidate me and cover up for their short comings. The math’s teacher would not clarify doubts as the class progressed. One was supposed to accumulate a number of “doubts” and then ask for a clarification!
On 27/04/2008 I did a TPR test and found that I scored 700.I took the exam on 29/04/2008 and scored 640. This score being far from the 30 points, either way swing, I was told to expect.
On 30/04/2008 when I called up saying that I would be availing of their one year extension because I had written the GMAT within nine days of the end of the course and that i was not satisfied with my mark. I also informed him that the actual format of the gmat was very different to that of the course. Vinod Kumar ‘s immediate response was that
a) Manya Group could not help me.
b) That two students had scored 710 and 720 on the day I wrote the GMAT and that a faculty ,member had scored 780 on taking the test during the month. In the eight years that he has been working for the Manya group he has never seen a 60 point decline in score from the TPR test. In short implying I was incompetent and the format was as per TPR tests. I would like to state here that I have a First Class BA(Hon) from the Middlesex University, UK, and I am just twenty years old!
On further conversation he said that the Manya Group operated only in India and that I could avail of their services only in India. That online support would cost me another Rs.25,000/-. I could only avail of online support without shelling out another 25,000/- in the following manner.
a)I email my doubts to a faculty member and they clear the doubt whenever they think fit to reply to that email.
b)I could clear my doubts via telephone… an international call would be just fine! On my expense by the way.
c)I cannot use instant messenger as the faculty was not available on IM.
Terms and Conditions on the Bill issued by The Manya Group Says clearly
“4. Satisfaction Guarantee Clause:The clause is only applicable to students who attend all classes, follow instructions as directed by the faculty, do the homework on time,take the practice tests as per schedule and take the test immediately after completing the course.(applicable for the SAT, GRE and GMAT)” Note that it does not specify in what way these extra classes can be done.
I have stuck to these conditions and also paid up money upfront. The only clause that works against me is their no refund policy.
I advice anyone thinking about taking a course with TPR and Manya Group not to do so. Firstly, their materials are outdated and secondly they refuse to stick with their original contract.review #119381
The website is under maintenance
You may also like
- "I placed an order with the website fema-study.com I had successfully paid for the items to be delivered to my email and to my home. The guides were never delivered. I..."
- "I have recently ordered a papers with the website online and would like to post my review for coolessay.com and tell that the papers I received were really great! For..."
- "Fake Doctors and Doctorates at the Church of Malphas. Commentary from Reverend Tom Erik Raspotnik BREAKING NEWS! I must say Barbara Sobel is a great Cult *** Lady, with her..."
- "hi i bought fossil ross gold watch on june 3rd and on june 5th i went to shop person tat the watch has got scracth and inbetwwen the chain the..."
- "We opted for AMET Cruises for a one night outing in Chennai. We had a nightmare of lifetime as the cruise was worst ever in our lifetime experiences. We had..."
- "https://www.facebook.com/antifreelancercom The above link is a facebook page to start a social media campaign against Freelancer.com Freelancer.com has been known for financial fraud, hidden fees and EXTREMELY poor customer support! We are..."
- "My husband found the Roca labs site while doing a weight loss search, you see I was ready to have gastric bypass surgery and he was afraid of what could..."
- "Ordered the 3 chevron romper deal that closed on March 5. It was advertised they would ship between 4 and 6 weeks after that closing date. I finally recieved my..."
- "Everyone who experienced last year hail should read this story. Today, for the forth time since the hail storms last July, a State Farm insurance adjuster visited my house. By..."