On 21/02/2008 I registered for the GMAT course offered by The Princeton Review in conjunction with the Manya Group in Hyderabad.
The previous day when I met Mr.Prasad, the front office man at Greenlands branch,Hyderabad, I made it very clear that I was in India for a holiday and would be taking up residence abroad . He told me that
a) I could avail of ongoing coaching anywhere in the world for a further year should I not be satisfied with my score; provided I wrote the GMAT within two weeks of the course ending.
b) Should the course not be completed for any reason on their part , I could transfer to another center (abroad) without extra cost.
c) When I pointed out there was no center in Sweden of TPR he said I could do it online.
To me this sounded like a very concerned and involved coaching group.
When I started the course I was given a schedule of course work. The second weekend when I reached the center with my assignment ready I was informed that since the rest of the class had not done it no discussion would take place. I also found that the Math classes started half an hour late. I was told to meet a Mr. Vinod Kumar concerning this matter. His attitude was to attack me and tell me that the schedule handed out was wrong and I was supposed to do something else! And if there were any doubts to be cleared concerning the course work he could do it or another faculty member could do it by previous appointment. At which point my parent had to tick him off and tell him to put his house in order instead of trying to intimidate me and cover up for their short comings. The math’s teacher would not clarify doubts as the class progressed. One was supposed to accumulate a number of “doubts” and then ask for a clarification!
On 27/04/2008 I did a TPR test and found that I scored 700.I took the exam on 29/04/2008 and scored 640. This score being far from the 30 points, either way swing, I was told to expect.
On 30/04/2008 when I called up saying that I would be availing of their one year extension because I had written the GMAT within nine days of the end of the course and that i was not satisfied with my mark. I also informed him that the actual format of the gmat was very different to that of the course. Vinod Kumar ‘s immediate response was that
a) Manya Group could not help me.
b) That two students had scored 710 and 720 on the day I wrote the GMAT and that a faculty ,member had scored 780 on taking the test during the month. In the eight years that he has been working for the Manya group he has never seen a 60 point decline in score from the TPR test. In short implying I was incompetent and the format was as per TPR tests. I would like to state here that I have a First Class BA(Hon) from the Middlesex University, UK, and I am just twenty years old!
On further conversation he said that the Manya Group operated only in India and that I could avail of their services only in India. That online support would cost me another Rs.25,000/-. I could only avail of online support without shelling out another 25,000/- in the following manner.
a)I email my doubts to a faculty member and they clear the doubt whenever they think fit to reply to that email.
b)I could clear my doubts via telephone… an international call would be just fine! On my expense by the way.
c)I cannot use instant messenger as the faculty was not available on IM.
Terms and Conditions on the Bill issued by The Manya Group Says clearly
“4. Satisfaction Guarantee Clause:The clause is only applicable to students who attend all classes, follow instructions as directed by the faculty, do the homework on time,take the practice tests as per schedule and take the test immediately after completing the course.(applicable for the SAT, GRE and GMAT)” Note that it does not specify in what way these extra classes can be done.
I have stuck to these conditions and also paid up money upfront. The only clause that works against me is their no refund policy.
I advice anyone thinking about taking a course with TPR and Manya Group not to do so. Firstly, their materials are outdated and secondly they refuse to stick with their original contract.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Gmat Coaching
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- " I have sought services from Theratorials/Urbane Academics since the beginning of Nov. and after playing cat and mouse over email finally get the owner by the name of Nzingha..."
- "THE COLLEGE IS NOT PROVIDING THE STUDENTS WITH INTERNSHIP AND 2 YEAR WORK PERMIT IN MALDIVES AS PROMISED. Whereas promises were made to us and students that if student completes his..."
- "The software is lousy, the textbooks are overpriced, and support? what support? They made me pay TWICE b/c they happily took my payment but didn't give me access to my..."
- "I want my game back who the *** are you to stop me why I was banned there are many mod files in the internet If u have any guts..."
- "Without any reason my salary has been put on hold and manager was mentally harassing me he was always blackmailing on my salary and when i asked him he used..."
- "I ordered veg meal, and got some non veg item. When i complaint they said eat veg and ignore non veg, not taking responsibility of incorrect information on their..."
- "The Staples Canada Head Office In Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada Will Not Help You And Is As Cheap And Selfish As Possible! Back on Sunday, July 24, 2016, I spent $452.70..."
- "On the last part of January 2016 I believe Debbie dental advice that might have needed to be removed and I need Adventures to the tune of $5,000 Abbey Dental..."
- "Sat at the Morrow facility for 7 hours before I left and went to a real facility. I'm so glad Kaiser gets to keep 5 billion a year tax free as..."